Unmasking Sexual Con Games: Helping Teens Avoid Emotional Grooming and Dating Violence
by Kathleen M. McGee, Laura J. Buddenberg, Boys Town Press
“If you love me, prove it.”
“I’m going to make you feel good.”
“You want it, you know you do.”
“Just this once.”
“What’s the big deal? Everybody does it.”
Language can be a powerful persuader. The term “con game” (confidence game) is defined as a swindle in which a person is defrauded after his or her confidence has been won.
When someone is tricked into a sexual encounter by what another person says, it is called a “sexual […]
These short positive sayings can work wonders.
Courtesy of Good Housekeeping
Put life in perspective with some short yet sage pieces of advice. These wise and beautiful words from your favorite positive thinkers will get you in the right mindset to tackle whatever obstacles lie ahead. Inspirational quotes from successful people like Oprah, Helen Keller, and Maya Angelou can help you reframe negative thoughts during tough times and change your attitude so you feel refreshed and motivated. Whether you’re hoping to achieve success […]
A new documentary, Contraland, illustrates the following shocking points:
· Child sex trafficking is the fastest-growing criminal enterprise on earth.
· It generates an estimated $38 Billion dollar each year in the U.S.
· Blackmail involving pedophilia is at the root of much of America’s political corruption.
· 30,000 victims of sex trafficking die each year from abuse, disease, and neglect, some as young as six years old.
· Over 71% of trafficked children show suicidal tendencies.
· Sex traffickers condition their male and female victims with starvation, rape, gang rape, physical abuse, beating, confinement, forced drug use, and shame.
· No matter what town […]
In this powerful documentary from Family Watch International (www.familywatch.org), you will learn from experts—as well as the testimonies from individuals whose lives have been negatively impacted by pornography—about the addictive nature of porn, its impact on the brain, and how pornography viewing can lead to family breakdown, prostitution, sex trafficking and other crimes against women and children. While the film exposes pornography as a devastating and debilitating addiction, it concludes with a message of hope as it shares how former addicts and their families find healing through therapy and the support of family members.
SIGN THE PETITION!